AttentionDeficitChef

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Little Dumpling - Sweet Dreams Teashop

Well, time to review a local restaurant I suspect. To me dumplings are a relatively new experience. The first time I had them on Spadina in some hole in the wall shop - I thought - well, these are OK. Nothing to write home about as far as I was concerned.

As time passed I started thinking to myself, "Self, why do so many people keep going and getting dumplings for the local dumpling shop?" Of course, the answer was either:
1) the dumplings there are really good and better than the ones I had
2) other people like dumplings but I don't

So, being the investigative journalist that I am I set out to solve the riddle. Along with my co-workers I placed an order for 8 pork and shrimp dumplings to go. (I'd already eaten the chicken salad sandwich I packed for lunch - which was delicious I might add). I was pretty skeptical, especially after it took them 40 minutes to fill our order (new staff today because schools back in). So we took our dumplings back to our desk and boy was I pleasantly surprised. The dumplings were excellent! The pork and shrimp were cooked perfectly and the spice mixture was very tasty! I can't wait to go back and try some more...

Please check it out:
Story about Sweet Dreams Teashop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home